Qatar National Day is a national commemoration of Qatar’s unification and independence and is celebrated on December 18 every year.
On the occasion, Ras Laffan Power Company Limited celebrated the National Day on (13th December) at the plant with all its employees and Contractors.
As part of the celebration, we had:
A village was setup at RLPC plant admin building. National Day village featured a traditional Majlis, stalls of traditional clothes, traditional food and traditional spices, which was enjoyed equally by Nationals and expats employees.
To celebrate Qatar National Day with true spirit, following competition was held at employee’s children level:
- Kids were required to make a small video chanting slogan, “We love Qatar”.
- Painting & Drawing Competition on the theme of National day
- Theme Costume Competition – Picture
- All the videos, pictures and videos were displayed during the celebration.
- All the participants & winners were awarded.
RLPC Team Competition:
On this National Day, to enhance the team spirit, a Presentation Competition among the RLPC Teams was held. Each team was required to prepare a 15 minutes presentation (Power point) about Qatar, which may include, history, rulers, Qatar vision etc. Out of the six presentations, one presentation was selected by a committee. The selected team had the honor to present their presentation during the celebration.